We give every effort to ensure these resources are as reputable as possible.
Please let us know if you find an exception or feel otherwise.
- Berkshire letters - This website
provides each of Warren Buffett's shareholder letters, dating back to 1977. Warren's wisdom and integrity in business and investing is
unparalleled. He is, by most accounts, the most successful investor of all time. At the same time, he manages to keep
everything very simple and clear.
- Bogleheads - This wiki was created by a community of
investors that share a philosophy similar to the late John Bogle.
Bogle created index funds
that effectively move billions of dollars per year into the pockets of ordinary people, money that would have gone to a
much smaller number of (already) wealthy money managers. He is a hero to many investors, he frequently sacrificed personal
gain to give the average person a bigger piece of American prosperity.
- Memos from Howard Marks -
Another good source of investing wisdom from someone who has been around a while. Howard is the co-chairman of Oaktree Capital
- Ideas and observations from Fama and French - Nobel laureates Fama and French
have published the most influential asset pricing models in academia. On this website, they share some of their ideas and research.
- Value investing club - This website
is a free, but members only, forum for sharing investment advice. They have membership standards in order to maintain quality. It is
a brainchild of value investor Joel Greenblat and John Petry.
- Rational reminder podcast - Although targeted
at Canadians, this podcast provides excellent, no BS advice that investors anywhere can benefit from. The authors appear to have
a genuine interest in helping all listeners, not just their clients.
Brokerages for buying stocks
- Vanguard - Probably the best place to move a 401K/IRA. No transaction fees to buy Vanguard fund (many of which also have the lowest annual fees in their category).
- Investor.gov - investing information from the US securities and exchange commission
- Investopedia - lots of references for investing in general